In case of war the new Emergency Center is equipped with:
- State of the art triage
- Thirteen underground operating rooms
- Underground recovery areas
To serve the needs of Israel's larger population the modernization includes:
- Separate area for ambulatory patients and patients with severe trauma.
- CT and X-ray equipment located next to the Emergency Center to permit quicker diagnosis of incoming patients - vital in time of terror, war and injury, stroke or heart failure.
- Training facilities for doctors and nurses to prepare for the worse.
Construction has begun, and is planned to be finished in December 2014, or sooner. To fund this vital Safe Haven Emergency Center, Sheba is asking its many friends around the world for their support.
Sheba offers several high profile naming options, ranging from active building to surgical units and special medical departments.
The naming options range from:
- $10 million to name the entire building
- $2 million for the Underground Operation Theater
- $50 thousand for a Recovery Room
- $5 thousand for a Ventilator
- $180 for an inscription in the "Wall of Heroes"